I set a blog many years ago when I was teaching. I kind of forgot about it. I don't even remember the process. When I set up the blog this time, I felt the process was very easy and straight forward. One thing I have noticed with internet applications is how simple they have become. I have used ebay for years to sell stuff around my house I no longer need. I remember back in the late 90s how many different steps it would take to post something to sell. I remember taking my time to make sure everything was perfect. Recently I sold something on ebay and I believe it was less than a minute to post what I wanted. This blog did not take much effort to set up either. Trial and error is a great way for users and developers to perfect an application or website. Over the years you learn what people can easily do and what they need help with. I have always found the simple approach to be the best. Blogger was pretty simple I thought.
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
How easy things have become
I set a blog many years ago when I was teaching. I kind of forgot about it. I don't even remember the process. When I set up the blog this time, I felt the process was very easy and straight forward. One thing I have noticed with internet applications is how simple they have become. I have used ebay for years to sell stuff around my house I no longer need. I remember back in the late 90s how many different steps it would take to post something to sell. I remember taking my time to make sure everything was perfect. Recently I sold something on ebay and I believe it was less than a minute to post what I wanted. This blog did not take much effort to set up either. Trial and error is a great way for users and developers to perfect an application or website. Over the years you learn what people can easily do and what they need help with. I have always found the simple approach to be the best. Blogger was pretty simple I thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Ken,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that technology is becoming much more easy to use as we progress. I am working on my blog now and it's not as difficult as I had anticipated. I felt the same way when I first created my class webpage last year. I was pretty nervous, but it's really not that difficult.
Hi Ken, I like what you say about trial and error as being a good way for people to develop skills. Do you think blogging is a good forum for trial and error learning? I always find that no matter how "easy" I think things have become, (tech-wise) they always seem easier for the kids! The kids never get frustrated and it always comes so easy for them. Learning about technology with secondary ed students has really been cooperative for me.
ReplyDelete